Ik schreef het kort geleden al, de VSKYLABS Robinson R66 ”Turbine Project” komt elk moment uit. En inmiddels is ze hier verkrijgbaar voor 33.95 USD. Hieronder alle info en nog wat mooie screenshots! Wat een Details! Knap hoor!
This project is part of the VSKYLABS ‘Test-Pilot’ series, designed specifically for use with X-Plane 11.40+ cutting edge Experimental Flight Model (should be enabled in X-Plane’s General Settings menu)
The Robinson R66 helicopter is a 5-seat turbine powered helicopter. It utilizes a two-bladed rotor system, T-bar cyclic and the latest Robinson technology. The R66 is powered by the Rolls Royce RR300 turbo-shaft engine, which operates on Jet A fuel and offers increased reserve power and improve altitude performance. Hydraulic controls provide responsive handling and eliminates feedback forces.
In 2018, BC Helicopters team (Mischa Gelb, Ruben Dias and Diogo Dias), flew around the world in the R66 helicopter, in an effort called ‘EPIC Global Heli World Tour’. The mission lasted 97 days, in which the team covered 30,000 miles, stopping in 45 countries and flying over 5 continents. It established 2 new world records (fastest Antipode RTW on a helicopter, and longest RTW on a helicopter). During that tour, YouTube channel ‘Pilot Yellow’ shared a fascinating daily VLOG of the mission. The EPIC Global world tour was one of the triggers that initiated the VSKYLABS R66 Project for X-Plane 11. The VSKYLABS R66 default livery is including the EPIC ‘C-GEAK’ call-sign and paint scheme, which was approved for use by BC Helicopters.
The VSKYLABS project is setting up a highly detailed and highly accurate Robinson R66 Turbine simulation along with full VR compatibility, within the default features of X-Plane 11, stretching it to its limits.
Project Main Features:
- VSKYLABS ‘Test-Pilot’ Project.
- Highly defined flight dynamics model of the Robinson R66 Turbine helicopter, built around the powerful, native X-Plane 11.40+ ‘Experimental Flight Model’ environment (must be selected in the General settings window in X-Plane 11).
- Highly detailed model of the Robinson R66 helicopter.
- Robust simulation of the R66 drive train and RR300 Turbo-shaft engine: Utilizes X-Plane’s new and advanced free turbine simulation.
- Autorotation capable.
- Comprehensive systems: Drive system, Hydraulics flight controls, Engine Anti-ice, Starter-generator and ignition system, Fuel system, Auxiliary fuel system, Electrical system with functional CB panel, Lighting, Annunciator panel, Cabin heater, Rotor brake and more.
- Fully functional VR (Virtual Reality) Ready: highly interactive cockpit environment including levers, switches, fuel cut-off / shut-off guards, 3D checklist viewer, modular cyclic and more.
- Equipped with Robinson’s ‘later’ advanced panel: a perfect mix of the traditional analog gauges and glass cockpit display.
- R66 Auxiliary fuel system.
- Fully featured G1000 (modified).
- Autopilot including SAS mode.
- Built-in Avitab Compatibility (Avitab plugin not included).
- Multi-Layer FMOD sound pack.
- The project is under constant development: development road-map is including flight model refinements, enhanced systems depth, additional liveries and other improvements.
- STMA Autoupdater is included: project updates are fast and efficient!
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums.
It is highly recommended to visit the Robinson Helicopter Company website, as it is featuring official, useful information including POH and additional data (on the upper section of their website there is a ‘Publications’ tab which is including useful materials.
For more information, online POH and media visit the project page at VSKYLABS: https://www.vskylabs.com/vsl-robinson-r66