Soms worden we blij verrast met een aangename verassing. Voor mij is deze keer de verassing de nieuw uitgekomen Tiger Moth van ontwikkelaar ANTS AIRPLANES. Deze nieuwe ”Moth” ondersteund zelfs de PBR van P3D V4 voor nog mooiere effecten. Een bijgeleverd menu maakt het met bijbehorende geluiden nog echter. Aanrader vind ikzelf aangezien al dit moois maar 18.09 Euro kost bij ons eigen Simmarket. Daar koop je de meeste addons tegenwoordig niet meer voor.
The Tiger Moth first flew in 1931 and quickly became a commerically successful aircraft (8,868 produced) and was the primary military trainer for many Commonwealth nations leading up to and during World War II. After the war many of those Tiger Moths went into private ownership and became a popular training aircraft at flight clubs. Even today there are still around 650 airworthy Tiger Moths and it is arguably the most famous biplane ever built.
- Highly detailed model. Fully modelled aircraft including the engine and pilot and copilot models.
- Includes 10 different repaints (2 in the the demo/freeware version)
- Phyics Based Rendering model and textures (not available in demo/freeware version). Compatible with Prepar3D v4.4+ the new PBR model provides more realistic lighting and shading of the aircraft model.
- In game Pilot’s Handbook (shift+3) provides options to adjust animations, preferences, weight and fuel, maintenance, sounds, interactive checklists and description of aircaft systems.
- In game help. Middle mouse click on any item to open the Pilot’s Handbook to the correct page with a full explanation of that control.
- Camera control. Adjust the default eyepoint within the game using the Pilot’s Handbook. The camera can also be setup to provide handy side views. Note: This function may not be compatible with EZ-DOK or similar camera utilities.
- The appearance of the model can easily be adjusted. Adjust such things as the air intake type, pitot tube style, venturi location, show/hide the windy airspeed gauge etc. Different adjustments can be saved for each different repaint.
- Select either tail skid or tail wheel.
- Customisable instruments. Select from 3 different types of airspeed gauge, 2 styles of altimeter and adjust the rotation angle of the engine RPM gauge.
- Removable engine cowlings and prop. On the ground the engine cowlings and propeller may be removed for inspection/maintenance/screenshots.
- Windscreen transparency. Easily adjust the level of transparency of the windscreens directly in game.
- Custom sound system. The Tiger Moth Pro bypasses the default FSX sound system. This allows the engine sounds to more accurately simulate changes to manifold pressure and engine RPM which is impossible to achieve with the FSX sound system. While the custom sounds do provide better control of the engine sounds the disadvantage is that the sounds do not respond to eyepoint position. The Tiger Moth Pro can be set to use the default sound system if the user requires or prefers.
- Engine damage and wear modelling. The Tiger Moth Pro can track engine wear and oil consumption with aircraft abuse leading to an eventual engine failure.
- Engine autostart routine. Press the FSX auto start key command and the Tiger Moth Pro will automatically step through the start procedure. The user can also set a quick autostart procedure if you want to get flying as quick as possible.
- Prop pull start. Grab the propeller and pull to start just like the real aircraft.
- Controller calibration. The Tiger Moth Pro uses custom coding to control the throttle and mixture controls. You can use the control calibration page of the animation manager to setup your controller.
- Every cockpit control has been mapped to an FSX key command.
- In game weight and fuel loading. Use the Animation Manager to adjust the fuel, oil level and weights of the aircraft directly in game without needing to use the FSX menus.
- Autopilot, comms radio and GPS are available as 2D pop-ups only.
Note that this aircraft does not come with a 2D main panel.