Het is zover! Zojuist kreeg ik een mail van Dan, De man achter ”FlyInside”, hun langverwachte 64-bits Simulator komt aankomende vrijdag uit, Dit is een Sim waar zo’n beetje alle P3D / FSX addons op draaien, Vanaf Vrijdag a.s. hier dus te verkrijgen., Ik ben reuze benieuwd, Zeker omdat zowel bestaande 32 en 64-bits addons ermee werken, Dit is GOED nieuws voor onze portemonnee 😉
October 9th, 2018
It took longer than expected, but we’re launching FlyInside Flight Simulator this week! We’re launching initially as an Open Beta, and will be adding a steady stream of updates, improvements, and new features.
January 13th 2018
Although we missed our original target of a 2017 release, the simulator is still under heavy development, and on-track for a release
the first quarter October of 2018. We spent more time than expected developing FlyInside P3D4, and improving compatibility in FlyInside XP.
In addition, it took us longer than expected to refine our landscape scenery system. We’re proud of the results though! We have created a unique system which combines photoscenery with a custom landclass system. The result is beautiful and unique throughout the world like photoscenery, but remains crisp and clear at low altitudes. Check out our latest video to see it in action.
In addition, after receiving many responses, we’ve closed the survey. Thank you all for your contribution! The big results:
- Location: Europe is #1 with North America just behind. Mountanious areas receive a special mention. Our USA scenery is nearly complete, and we’ll be following up with Europe soon after launch. Mountains look stunningly beautiful with the new scenery system.
- Type of Aircraft: General aviation and airliners are most popular, with helicopters following up.
- ATC: 70% of respondents use single player offline ATC, so this will be a priority for us. We’ll focus on developing a solid ATC system shortly after our first release.
- Requested Features: Weather, VR, Scenery, and Scenarios
- Weather: Clouds, rain, lightning – it’s already under development.
- VR: This is our specialty! This simulator provides virtual reality support like no other.
- Scenery: Given the demand for various scenery areas, we have a plan to launch with USA, add Europe quickly, and follow up with the entire world in relatively short order. Our new system implements photoscenery in a manner that looks beautiful close-up and from a distance.
- Scenarios: There was a large interest in scenarios and missions. The good news is we have an amazing scripting system that we’ll be creating scenarios with, and it will be easy for you to make them too!
- Beta Testers: We received over 600 enthusiastic volunteers. We’ll be randomly selecting beta testers, and contacting you via e-mail.
- Name: We received some very good name suggestions and some very silly ones. At the end of the day, we’ve decided to stick with FlyInside Flight Simulator though 🙂