Voor de Flight1 – Flight Environment X – software is een update uitgekomen. Een beste update. Alleen de update download is al zo’n 970 Mb groot. De update wordt ook wel de “Super High Definition” update genoemd. Met Flight Environment wordt gewoon je hele water, lucht, wolken scenery naar een hoger niveau getilt. Klik op ‘Meer lezen…’ voor het persbericht van Flight1.
Flight Environment X Super High Definition Update ReleasedFlight One Software, in partnership with Aerosimulations, is excited to announce the release of the latest edition of Flight Environment X, now in pioneering Super High Definition (SHD), all for Flight Simulator X.http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=flt1fex or the Flight Environment X website at: http://www.flightenvironment.com
Contained within the update are approximately 6 Gigabytes of new graphical data and content that represents the culmination of a massive amount of research and work carried out since the original launch of FEX.
Here are a few of the the key points of this update:
1. All new Super High Definition (SHD) cloud content, available in sizes up to a SHD resolution of 4096 x 4096. This makes your FSX skies as realistic as ever, all from high quality photography as always.
2. Many changes to the FEX GUI (Graphical User Interface). This improves work flow and makes it much easier to create new cloud themes. This feature is a huge part of FEX and we hope that it is more intuitive to use as well as fun to use.
3. Performance enhancements. The entire UI performance has been improved to offer much better speeds when performing different actions and more complex processing has been pushed into different program threads for responsiveness.
4. Improved algorithms will now allow a more advanced and progressive control over the types of clouds you desire. This allows for a denser and more richly textured cloudscape. Clouds can now be fuller and have more defined detail made possible with SHD.
5. New special designs for the SHD textures allow for more creative inputs from the user. This allows you to create special cloud scenes from light and airy clouds, to deep and moody storm clouds. We also have additional options for “Bright White” or “Blue White” clouds.
6. There is a new EXTREME clouds option providing the ability to get extra dramatic looking clouds for those that like a more exciting cloudscape.
7. Additional softness is now available to get a more delicate looking cloud.
8. Bug fixes. Several bugs have been fixed since launch within this update. Live error reporting has been implemented to more easily track any issues that may come up and ensure a rapid response.
9. User information recovery. FEX now features a Forgot Password function within the application which can email you your lost credentials.
And this is not all… New features are planned for the coming weeks.
Chris Norris from Aerosimulations states “The past 8 months has involved an incredible amount of work in many areas. The SHD elements are first and foremost, but we are continuing on with even more in the near future, including much more realistic water, airport environment texturing, suns and moons, and we have made great progress on the weather/environment sim. These aspects are planned to be delivered into FEX in a regular fashion, beginning within weeks. We encourage everyone to try FEX. And it is essentially at no risk because of Flight1’s 30-day return policy. But we feel confident that customers will see that FEX is by far the most advanced cloud and environment expansion ever released for Flight Simulator.”
And best yet, the new SHD edition is a FREE update to all current customers of Flight Environment X. For more information on how to get this update, please visit Flight1’s Flight Environment X showcase at: